Hire An Attorney Who Has Walked In Your Shoes
Jeena R. Belil
Ms. Belil's areas of practice include Plaintiff's Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Negligence, as well as New York No-Fault and Uninsured Motorist Law, subrogation, medical and auto insurance coverage disputes.
She is admitted to the New York State Bar and is a member of the New York State Bar Association and New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. She received a B.A. degree from Rowan University and J.D. degree from Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
Ms. Belil is formerly associated with AutoOne Insurance, as Managing Counsel, and Travelers Insurance, as First Party New York Regional Coordinator. In those positions, Ms. Belil was responsible for the management and organization of the New York No-Fault case handling structure that serves as the template for the defense of first party claims. In addition, Ms. Belil has been instrumental in the management and preparation of many cases that have established the benchmark for defending arbitrations and suits and investigating and prosecuting No-Fault fraud.
Ms. Belil has presented seminars and round table conferences on diverse topics such as First Party Examinations Under Oath, Using Evidence at Uninsured Motorist Framed Issue Hearings and Arbitration, and Insurance Fraud. Ms. Belil has represented the interests of Plaintiff clients in Personal Injury litigation from inception through trial.
Jeena has used her prior insurance defense experience as well as her involvement in her own serious car accident, to better serve her clients.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Rowan University
- B.A. - 1991
Classes & Seminars
- Let’s review your Auto Policy Declarations Page!
- Co-Captain of the Lawyer-Mom-Owner National Virtual Summit, October, 2020
- How I started my law practice, video seminar, October 2020
- "Birth of a Law Practice" panel speaker, Suffolk County Bar Association, May, 2009
- "The Spaghetti Theory of Denial Wording in No Fault"
- "What Exactly Is Mallela Anyway?"
- "What to Expect at a No-Fault Trial"
- "What to Expect at a SUM Framed Issue Hearing"
- "The Life of a No-Fault Bill"
- Best Practices in the preparation of AAA No Fault Conciliation packages
- Best Practices in referring Examination Under Oath assignments to counsel
- Best Practices in referring UM/SUM assignments to counsel
- Superstorm Sandy Volunteer Attorney
- Schwab v Silva 2016 NY Slip Op 04196 Decided on June 1, 2016, Appellate Division, 2d Department
- Ivy Medicine, PC a/a/o Saber v. The Travelers
- Alexander v. Guzewicz
- AutoOne Insurance, Managing Counsel
- Travelers Insurance, First Party New York Regional Coordinator
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1995 to Present
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Personal Injury
- New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2010